We have anticipated a few questions you may have about this announcement and have done our best to answer them below. If you have a question that isn’t addressed here, please send us an email!
1. What will happen with next year’s YOW! Conferences?
Our 2021 YOW! Conferences will be scheduled as usual with YOW! Data and YOW! Lambda Jam in Q2, the YOW! September series in Q3 and YOW! December in Q4. These will all be held in local time zones.
2. Will there be face-to-face events in APAC in the future?
Yes, we plan to have face to face YOW! conferences around Australia and APAC whenever it is safe to do so.
3. Will YOW! still have a YouTube channel where we can watch talks from previous conferences?
The most recent content is available to YOW! Online members immediately following an event. Our YouTube channel will continue to be used for archived content released some weeks after the event.
4. Will I still get my YOW! Newsletter every fortnight?
Yes! We will continue to send you all the YOW! News that’s fit to print, in one quick email.
5. Will the New Voices in Tech workshop still take place in March?
Absolutely, as long as it is still possible to travel and gather in person on the workshop dates!
6. Will there still be Diversity Scholarships for conferences?
Yes – YOW! and Skills Matter are committed to providing opportunities for under-represented technologists to attend our conferences.
7. Will there still be volunteer opportunities at conferences for students?
Yes, once we start face to face conferences again. Join our volunteer mailing list to be the first to hear when the next opportunities become available.
8. How will my current YOW! Online Membership be affected?
All current benefits of YOW! Online will be retained for the duration of your membership. In addition, you will gain access to Skills Matter content and events. In Q1 2021, members will have access to a single Skills Matter / YOW site containing all premium content.
9. How will my current annual YOW! Online Partnership be affected?
All current benefits of YOW! Online partnership will be retained for the duration of your contract. In addition, you will have the opportunity to become a Skills Matter sponsor which will provide increased marketing exposure via more events and a larger audience reach.
10. Will there be changes to pricing or benefits when we renew our YOW! Online Partnership?
There will be a single combined YOW!/Skills Matter Sponsorship program announced in Q1, 2021. We expect it to be substantially similar to the current agreements.