Hiding the Lead
YOW! 2020 Brisbane
Information hiding, coupling, and cohesion, microservices-style
The terms coupling and cohesion come from the world of structured programming, but they are also thrown about in the context of microservices. In this session, I look at the applicability of these terms to microservice architecture and also do a deep dive into the different types of coupling to explore how ideas from the 1970s still have a lot of relevance to the types of systems we build today.
author of “Building Microservices”
- Building Microservices (2nd Edition)
- Monolith to Microservices
- Lightweight Systems for Realtime Monitoring
- YOW! 2015 – Sam Newman – Deploying and Scaling Microservices
- Practical Considerations For Microservice Architectures by Sam Newman – YOW! 2013
- YOW! Nights July 2013 Sam Newman – From Macro To Micro – How Big Should Your Services Be?