High-Performance Messaging & Services with Aeron
YOW! 2019 Sydney - 04 DecRegister Now
In this workshop, you will learn how to build services with Aeron and SBE in Java. Services capable of handling millions of messages per second with very low and predictable response times. We will cover some networking theory and the design of Aeron so you know how to use it with mechanical sympathy.
High-Performance Computing Specialist
Martin is a Java Champion with over 2 decades of experience building complex and high-performance computing systems. He is most recently known for his work on Aeron and SBE. Previously at LMAX he was the co-founder and CTO when he created the Disruptor. Prior to LMAX Martin worked for Betfair, content companies with the world largest catalogues, and some of the most significant C++ and Java systems of the 1990s.
He blogs at mechanical-sympathy.blogspot.com, and can be found giving training courses on performance, concurrency, and distributed systems when he is not cutting code to make systems better.
- Target Audience
- Full day
Topics covered will include:
- Aeron Design Encoding & decoding messages with SBE for zero copy semantics
- Handling large messages and streaming Monitoring & Debugging
- Basic tuning for performance and resource management "Multicasting" in the cloud with multi-channel-cast
- Configuring message delivery quality levels: allow loss, reliable, durable, etc.
- Flow control and congestion control strategies - When and how to use them Introduction to Aeron Cluster for building resilient services
Laptop with Java 8+ installed and be comfortable with hands-on coding.