Chief Operating Officer
Keystart Home Loans
I am an Executive MBA qualified leader with twenty years’ experience in strategy; financial management; marketing; product and sales development; technology; projects; and building and leading teams.
I have a particular interest in leading and guiding purpose-driven organisations through disruption in both executive and non-executive roles.
My experience includes:
• Strategy development
• Profit and loss and balance sheet accountability in for-profit and not-for-profit executive roles.
• Leading large, complex, geographically diverse teams of up to 800 people.
• Managing complex stakeholder relationships.
• Transforming businesses through cultural and digital change.
• Marketing, human resources, technology change and project management, banking, communications and sales.
• Diverse industries including financial services, law, government, major events/tourism, education, mining, oil and gas, infrastructure, IT, energy, health care, aged care, agriculture and manufacturing.
• Managing highly regulated environments in banking, wealth management, legal and vocational education.
• Leveraging disruptive technology in service delivery, marketing, customer experience, distribution, corporate governance, human resources, safety and risk management.
• Policy development and managing relationships with governments and agencies locally and internationally.
In 2012, I was a winner in the WA Business News 40 Under 40 awards.
Talks at YOW!
Reinvigorating Keystart Home loans: A story of leadership and radical transformation - Business Agility Australia 2019
Keystart is a unique home loan provider that has been helping people overcome the entry costs to home ownership since 1989. It is a private company with one shareholder, the Western Australian Government.
While very mission led with very engaged employees, it had been under-invested in for many years. Its brand was tired, it had rudimentary digital capability, undeveloped understanding of customer needs and significant internal silos. Following changes in leadership and a period of thorough research, a new three-year strategy was developed. In the first year of the plan alone Keystart has rebranded, overhauled its culture, launched a new website, relocated to new premises and transformed its IT and change delivery capability to leverage agile principles, tools and techniques.
This talk will outline the journey Keystart has undergone to radically transform the business in a short period of time, the lessons learnt along the way and how it has built the capability required to deliver its ambitious plan.