Advanced Deployment Pipeline Techniques
YOW! Hong Kong 2018 - 01 Jan
The Deployment Pipeline is a central concept in Continuous Delivery. It represents an effective, controlled channel through which all changes destined for production pass.
A defining objective in CD is to work so that our software is always in a “releasable state”. By applying high levels of automation to our development process, in the form of a Deployment Pipeline, we pass all changes to our production systems through this channel and evaluate them prior to release.
This means that the pipeline quickly becomes a strategic resource.
As our use of this important tool grows, the performance of the pipeline, in terms of the rapidity with which it can give valuable feedback on the quality of your work, becomes a central concern.
- Target Audience
- Anyone interested in developing or improving their development pipeline.
- Full day
This course explores:
- Effective models for deployment pipelines.
- How the scope of your pipeline(s) impacts on team structure, and vice versa.
- How do you optimise your deployment pipeline(s) to give fast feedback?
- How do you protect this strategic “channel to production”?