Workshop - Contract Testing Fundamentals with Pact
YOW! Perth 2019 - 06 Sep
Microservices have become mainstream now. Writing and deploying small, independent services has many benefits, but on the downside, it increases the number of integration points, which increases the amount of integration testing required. How can we be confident that all our services will work correctly together, without being burdened by increasingly complex and brittle integration tests? Learn how Pact solves this problem by using consumer driven contracts, allowing you to escape Integration Testing Hell and ship your code with speed and confidence.
This workshop will equip you with the essential knowledge and practical skills to test synchronous and asynchronous APIs with Pact - a tool that implements contract testing - on your next project so you can ditch those lengthly end-to-end tests and deploy faster and with greater confidence.
- Target Audience
- Developers, Testers and anyone with an interest in improving quality
- Full day
- The basics of consumer-driven contract testing and how it simplifies integration testing
- How to use Pact, a tool that makes consumer-driven contract testing easy.
- Hands-on implementation experience with Pact (JS)
- How to scale contract testing by sharing and collaborating on API contracts using the Pact Broker
- Advanced concepts, such as message queues and continuous delivery
- Your own laptop with Node 8+ installed and full administrator access (Linux/OSX supported)
- A clone of https://github.com/DiUS/pact-
- Laptop & laptop charger
- Internet access