If your organisation would like to help us to advance diversity in tech through becoming a Scholarship Supporter, email us at [email protected]
Is it rare that you see someone at tech conferences that reminds you of yourself?
Then you’re probably underrepresented at tech conferences.
At YOW!, we are committed to supporting diversity in speakers, conference participants, and the wider technology community regardless of race, employment status, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, ability, and age.
To increase diversity at YOW! developer events we offer scholarships to people from underrepresented groups in tech who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend. These are available for YOW! Data, YOW! Lambda Jam, and YOW! 2020 Conferences in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. If you are a member of a group underrepresented within the tech community or at technical conferences in Australia we encourage you to apply.
YOW! Scholarships include free admission to the designated conference. For specialist conferences such as YOW! Data and YOW! Lambda Jam, or for applicants residing outside of Perth/Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne, scholarships may also include domestic return flights and 1 to 3 nights accommodation (depending on the length of the event).
Scholarship recipients attend the event like other event attendees and will not be identified publicly as a diversity scholarship recipient.
Any information you provide will be kept in the strictest confidence, and used only to help award scholarships. Preference will be given to applicants established in their tech careers and who would otherwise be unable to attend YOW! events. Students are encouraged to become a YOW! volunteer, which provides free access to YOW! events in exchange for helping out on the day.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You live in Australia.
- You agree to follow our Code of Conduct.
- You are a member of a group underrepresented within the tech community.
- You are able to attend the conference for which you are applying.
- If employed, your employer will not cover the cost of your conference attendance.
- Scholarships are only available to attend the conference for which you applied.
- A limited number of scholarships are available.
- These tickets cannot be sold and are non-transferable.
- Applicants may not be awarded more than one scholarship per calendar year.
- Scholarships only awarded for the Australian conferences listed below.
- Available to Australian citizens and residents currently living in Australia.
- YOW! Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne – 1 November, 2020
We will be in touch with a decision shortly after the deadline.